Sunday, September 14, 2008

On Fridays...

Eng1010

Geary gives an assignment due Monday:

If your life was made into a movie, and that movie had an appropriate soundtrack, and I bought a CD of the music, what kind of music would it be? What mood would it leave me in when I played it? What would that music tell me about you?

Make a track list.

Choose five songs and describe why you chose them, the stories behind them, and what they make you think about. Use as much detail as possible.

This is a difficult exercise, I struggle over it.

Track List:

Dust In The Wind - Kansas
Summer on the Westhill - Alphaville
Freebird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Verdi Cries - 10,000 Maniacs
Open Wounds - Skillet
Boys of Summer - Don Henley/cover by The Ataris
Paranoimia - The Art of Noise
Let It Be - The Beatles
Collide - Skillet
Land of Confusion - Genesis
November Spawned A Monster - Morrissey
Stockholm Syndrome - Blink182
Remember The Time - Michael Jackson
Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears
Take On Me - a-ha
Gangster's Paradise - Coolio
Pimpf - Depeche Mode
Grey Street - Dave Matthews Band
Twisted Transistor - KoRn
Under The Milky Way - The Church
King of Pain - The Police
Disarm - The Smashing Pumpkins
Happy Phantom - Tori Amos
Round Here - Counting Crows
Let's Dance - David Bowie
Something I Can Never Have - Nine Inch Nails
Dragons - Prefab Sprout
Cemetary Drive - My Chemical Romance
Let Go - Frou Frou
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Hurt - NIN/cover by Johnny Cash
Call Me When You're Sober - Evanescence
Mad World - Tears for Fears/cover by Gary Jules
Don't Panic - Coldplay
Angel - Massive Attack
Coming Undone - KoRn
Stained Glass Masquerade - Casting Crowns
Sweet Afton - Nickel Creek
I Will Survive - Gloria Gaynor/cover by Cake
Love Song - Sara Burelis
Cayman Islands - Kings of Convenience
Song of the Heart - Prince
Love Rollercoaster - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol
Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim
The Scientist - Coldplay
Come What May - Moulin Rouge
Blackbird - CSNY
Lord Give Me A Sign - DMX

Much of my life is tied to music. I think a lot of people are this way.


Art1400

I never knew how limitless the Adobe Illustrator software is. I think I might use it in my plot to take over the world and subjugate it to my will.

No comments: