Monday, September 15, 2008

On Mondays...

It was a long weekend. Did I say that last Monday too? Found out at work that one of my girls is leaving for another placement on Tuesday. I promised her that I would bring her a cupcake, and I'm just remembering now. So this entry will be short.

Eng1010

Geary plays a few songs for us from her personal soundtrack. She describes why she chose some of the songs. She tells us that she used to jump rope to the lyrics of MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" in fifth grade. She describes her four pairs of neon socks, rolled strategically so that all the colors were visible, tucked into BK shoes with four pairs of neon laces. She tells us about her stirrup leggings and the baggy t-shirt, all color coordinated. She smiles about her side ponytail, crimped and tied with a giant scrunchy. She claims that she can still remember every word to "Can't Touch This". I believe her.

She talks about the narrative assignment. We do a little freewriting about the soundtrack list. Why, when people comment on how much they enjoy my writing, do I feel that I have such a hard time with it? I adore words. I chew on words, roll them around in my mouth, savor and swallow them with pleasure. I love to try to find the perfect way to say something, but it's so DIFFICULT.

The personal narrative, open form paper.... I have no idea what I'm going to write about.


Hlth1100

Sorenson talks about psychological health. She perpetuates a few common misconceptions about certain disorders. Whatever.

When she talks about schizophrenia, one of the kids brings up MPD, which is now known as DID. She does point this out, which is good, but I am concerned about the perpetuation of certain myths surrounding dissociative disorders.

I made peanut butter cookies today for the missionaries living in the apartment under mine. I ate four.

No comments: