Wednesday, March 9, 2011

On Test Taking...

I only take one kind of test this semester. Art history essay tests. I took one yesterday. Ty did too. It was an exam on unit two of the ARTH 2710 class covering ancient Greek and Roman art.

I typed it. It was nine pages. It took three and a half hours. My brain was fried later

In other news, my typing skills have gotten worse. Maybe it's because of this new laptop. The keyboard is different. Yeah, that's it...

Found out that Warp & Weave is publishing three of my pieces this semester! Happy, happy. Joy, joy. I'll let you know if there's a reading.

Will Terry had us do another portrait with the warm/cool contrast, this time doing the opposite of what we did with the last one. He says that this is more natural looking than warm in the shadows and cools in the highlight. But I dunno... he made it look really good. So this is a portrait of Luke. When I showed it to him he said, "Looks like I'm carved out of ice."




Also, Will Terry brought in some of his original book illustrations yesterday. All of them were acrylic on 140 lb hot press Arches. Okay, Will is a gangsta. We were all so impressed. Here is a picture of my favorite one.


Will Terry is so skilled. I'm grateful to have him for an instructor.

1 comment:

Shar said...

first of all, congrats on getting those pieces in! that is so exciting and i want to read them! (and the photo is awesome.) how do i get a copy? second of all, your favorite??