Friday, April 22, 2011

On Endings...

Photos from the last day in Illustrative Media & Techniques II:

Waiting for Ty to take the picture...


Stoo slums it in GT 413...


The other side of the room!



Ginny: master of illustration



Denise perfects her Eric Robin Hood!






James Paoi's Superman...
Hard at work...


Endings... and beginnings. This phenomenon sort of fascinates me. I've had lots of them. Only a few major ones. Maybe I've had a million major ones. But I feel like there's only been a few. Anyway, the semester is ending and the summer is beginning. I am not taking school this summer. I took two classes last summer and I swore I would NEVER do it again.

Our last assignment before the final project in Illus. Media Tech was to do a six hour portrait (one face) in a limited palette of two analogous colors. I chose blue and purple, because... well, why break the trend of blue people I've had going this semester? Here it is:



You know, looking at everyone's paintings up on the wall during critique, I realize that we have some awesome painters in our Illustration program. We have been applying ourselves and getting better and better. I don't just mean my peeps, I mean people who sit on the other side of the room too... ;) Like Cyndi, Alex, Adam, Micah, and others. Great job, gang!

Things I look forward to this summer:

Going to AZ and seeing my kids and my parents and my brother and his wife and my besties Karla and Diane and Steph and their nice husbands.

Warm weather

Going to Yellowstone on a photosafari with my parents-in-law

Finishing my book!

WIFYR - which means seeing Shar and Christian and Carol and meeting AE Cannon.


4 comments:

Stooball said...

A little too much sugar that day!

Lee V Call said...

LOL. You were funny that day. Like always tho... We love you!

Shar said...

yay for summer!

Lee V Call said...

YAY!