Saturday, April 23, 2011

On Final Projects...

I had two of them to do this semester. Well, actually, I had a paper to write in ARTH 2710, but I didn't write it. Can you believe that? ME, deciding not to kill myself over a paper. Deciding that mental health is better.... wow. Anyway, ARTH 3070: I had to turn in a museum project. Basically this is just a hypothetical art show, curated, planned and thoroughly described in six or more pages. So I did my own art. There have been a few students in the past that have done this like JD Hawkins, who I have had classes with and miss since he graduated. So I wrote a paper about me and my art. It was very strange to write about myself in the third person. I talked about my influences, my style, my techniques. Weird.

In ART 2240, our final project was a nine hour painting of a head and a hand. Mine turned out to be something like fourteen hours. I call it Shaman:

12x16 inches, acrylic on canvas. I like it. I will submit it to Warp&Weave someday. Here is the reference photo. I am so impressed with this stock photographer. I think if I had the time and the money, I would be a stock photographer on dA. wOOt.

4 comments:

Cory said...

I like the picture! It's cool!

Lee V Call said...

Thanks Cory!

Shar said...

great job! it's so interesting to look at. i love your colors.

Lee V Call said...

thanks Shar!