Monday, September 5, 2011

On New Toys...

Friday, September 2

I have had new toys in the past. Some of my favorite toys have been:

My Little Pony Dream Castle - Yes. This was my all-time favorite for many years. JD Hawkins would laugh if he knew this.


Various My Little Ponies such as Sky Dancer.


Spuda Fett - This is Mr. Potato Head as Boba Fett. I know. Amazing.

The Wacom Intuos 2. I wasn't pursuing a profession in art when I received this from a friend. So it was a toy.

And now I have a new toy... er, tool.
It's a Wacom Intuos 4 and it came in the FedEX today. It's so awesome that I'm kind of afraid of it. I mean, look at this thing.

So now I have professional tools. And Corel Painter 12. And Photoshop CS5.

I feel like Rod Serling is going to walk into the frame any moment and start talking about how I'm about to enter The Twilight Zone.




3 comments:

Stewart Craig said...

With great power, comes great responsibility

Digital is a slippery slope, if left unchecked, can destroy your very (art) soul.

There are many victims to digital art; some people we both know, most that we don't.

I'm confident with your existent ability as an artist, you will not succumb to the dark side :)

I don't know what made me comment this

Lee V Call said...

Haha! Thanks Stewart. :) I read your explanation on FB. I understand what you're saying. I appreciate your vote of confidence. I am looking forward to learning all I can from Peter and Don about digital painting.

I'm glad we're going to sliding down the slope together!

Miss Hobbit said...

Oh my gosh, if Rod Serling really does enter the frame and start a poignant and thought-provoking monologue in your living room, promise me you'll text me IMMEDIATELY. :D