Wednesday, December 28, 2011

On Being A Perceived "A" Student...

Grades:


So sometimes I attend special presentations that Will Terry gives. And he notices me in the audience, and then he talks about education, and how grades aren't important and how it's all about the experience and the learning and the marrow, you know, MY philosophy now, so I totally dig it.

And then he says, "Just ask Lee over there, she's one of my A students."

And I'm like, Will Terry, you just think I'm an A student.

And I'm okay with him just thinking that and not actually giving me an A, because that means he perceives me as hard-working and engaged. I'm okay with pulling a B- in Will Terry's class. It's purely because I'm missing class, or turning in comps on time, or whatever, due to sucking the marrow out of life. I have gotten so much out of his class that I'm totally okay with the grade, because I'm LEARNING so much from him.



No comments: