Wednesday, March 28, 2012

On Self-Portraits...


I've done a lot of self-portraits. When I was going through therapy, I found my messed up brain really fascinating. So I did a lot of introspection and self-exploration through self-portraits. Here are some I have done over the years:


"2D ME" - ink on paper, 8.5"x11"
~
~
"Modern Medicine" - Ink on paper, 8.5"x11"
~
~
"Supplication" - Acrylic on canvas, 24"x36"
~
~
"Cracked" - Ballpoint and digital
~
~
"Secret" - Photoshop
~
~

"Let Go" - Digital


"Deus Ex Machina" - Photoshop
~
~
"Sprung A Leak" - Photoshop
~
~
"The Birthday" - digital
~
~
"Bad-Ass Elora" - Digital

Wow, so angsty. But some of them are happier. Anyway, I think self-portraits are interesting. We get to see how artists see themselves. So Ryan Wood assigned us to do a self-portrait with a hat. And eyes. And no other parts of the face. So here's my comp:


This is my hat from my steampunk costume. I like it. Also, Geary did the ribbon work on the hat. You can't tell how awesome it is, cuz there's no form yet. But it's awesome. I will make changes based on Ryan Wood's notes on comp critique. Then I will post the final.

The end.

ps. I like the eyes.




2 comments:

Ginny at the ARTS said...

Whoa!!! I need to check this blog more often. I assumed for some reason you weren't keeping it up, and have been watching your "somethinglikeart." Little did I know THIS is where the action be! I really, really, really, really think you could sell your therapy sketch books. The hands painting is intense. The eyes ARE very nice, I thought the same thing.

Lee! said...

Thanks Gin! Yeah, I'm going to be posting on this blog until I graduate. It's my school blog!