Monday, May 21, 2012

On Summer Vacation . .

I don't typically post in this blog during the summer.  It's a school blog, chronicling my school career, so when I'm not in school, I won't post. BUT, I am going to be going to Illustration Club meetings on campus and seeing my peeps and participating (I first wrote "participainting".  This is a rad word.  We should pass it on.) in projects and things.  So I think I'll be posting during the summer.

I have been in AZ for three weeks.  It's hot.  It's not a vacation.  I have been busy and there's been some drama.  My dad's in the hospital.  I have a big writing conference coming up.  Tyler had to have oral surgery.  (I originally wrote "sugary".  This would be one reason for oral surgery, huh?)  I've been having some rehash of old memories and emotional stuff from my first marriage, because of events occurring while I've been here.  This has been the most stressful visit I've had in a LONG time.

AND... check out an awesome blog post by Will Terry.  It's about me and Tyler.  And he gives a shout out to my illustration and my DawgArt.  Because he's awesome.

CLICK HERE to read it.

Thanks Will Terry!  I hope others have been having more of a vacation, and enjoying their time off from school.  But I think most of my peeps are working on their own projects, assigning themselves things to stretch their skills and generally developing themselves into better artists and people.  This is hard work!

Good luck.  I salute you.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I'm sorry to hear that Lee! :( I hope the rest of the summer goes better for you and your family!